Atlanta news outlet debating gun laws?

This past week, I was watching the 6am news and drinking my coffee. They breezed over the Covid stuff, per usual for this particular channel. However, what caught me for a loop was how they reported on a shooting about a 6 month old baby that was fatally shot during a gun fight in the streets in downtown Atlanta. 

This is a horrific story. The details of the story are slightly unclear due to the focus of the report. The story spent more time focusing on the politics of the story, rather than the story itself. I'm unsure if the police have someone in custody over this or even a suspect in this. What do I know? I know that newly elected mayor of Atlanta, Andre Dickens, was quick to arrive at the scene to try and talk about how he plans to fix the crime problem in Atlanta. I know that republican lawmakers in Georgia are expected to try and change our state's concealed cary laws to make it to where any legal gun owner can conceal a firearm without a weapon. 

Why are those two topic what I got out of this unfortunate story? Why do I not know anything about the parents of this baby? Why do I not know anything about a suspect? or a motive? It drives me crazy when news outlets try and mix politics and news. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Masks forever? An Atlanta "news" story.

The media and FREE GAS!

Welcome to the Between the Aisles blog!